A look back at 2021
2021 has had its fair share of uncertainties, however our equity release team has continued to work tirelessly throughout the year, we have now helped more than 260,000 people release over £9bn from their homes with Aviva.
A streamlined process
Here's a rundown of some of our achivements in 2021:
- Our interest rates are available on more portals and are now included on loans of up to £1m
- Our application forms have been shortened and simplified, making it easier for you to do business with us, and making it easier for clients to understand
- We are consistently requesting valuations within 24hrs of receiving the application, providing the fastest possible service
- LTV scales on non-medically enhanced business are aggregated across Lump Sum and Flexible product options
- We now offer Fixed percentage early repayment charges (ERCs) as an option alongside our gilt-based ERCs for new applications
- We offer all customers releasing amounts from their cash reserve a rate individually tailored to their personal circumstances, ensuring a personalised approach to the cost of the loan
- We reduced the minimum amount that customers can draw from their cash reserve from £2,000 to £500, providing customers with the flexibility to borrow just what they need.
Our adviser relationships are always extremely important to us. During 2021:
- We’ve hosted adviser webinars on equity release, with 1,248 advisers attending - with more planned for 2022!
- BDM, Ian Gregory has been nominated for BDM of the year!
An award winning service
We’re proud to have won the Best Equity Release Lender and Best Equity Release Lender Customer Service categories at the 2021 What Mortgage Awards. We’ve also won Best Equity Release Lender 2021/2022 at the Personal Finance Awards. These accolades, along with our Moneyfacts five-star rating for our Lifestyle Flexible Option, tell us we’re leading the way in equity release.
But we know that it’s a team effort – and we wanted to say thank you for choosing Aviva when it comes to equity release.
Want to know more?
If you haven’t yet investigated what we can do for equity release customers, head over to the equity release section on our website.
Wishing you all a happy Christmas, holiday, and prosperous New Year! We look forward to continuing to support you in 2022!