We’ve added more wellbeing services for our Group Protection customers
Financial protection isn’t always enough to support employees through challenging times. That’s why we’ve gone the extra mile to offer even more wellbeing services to our Group Protection customers across all three product lines.
This includes two brand new wellbeing services, the Aviva Line Manager Toolkit: Mental Health and the Wellbeing Library. On top of that, we’ve introduced employer hubs that make it easy for your clients to find all the information they need.
The Aviva Line Manager Toolkit: Mental Health
Designed by mental health professionals, our new toolkit offers seven bite-sized video training modules and downloadable materials to help line managers spot the warning signs of poor mental wellbeing. And, with many employees still working from home, it covers both physical and remote working environments.
Each training session includes example scenarios, encouraging your client's managers to consider how to apply the offered techniques. They can access each module online, at a time that suits them and can revisit the training any time they need to.
The toolkit covers these modules:
- Mental health in the workplace - Improve knowledge of the factors which can influence a person’s mental health and understand the responsibilities as a manager
- Changing behaviour - How to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental wellbeing concerns in the workplace, and spot any changes in someone’s mental health while working remotely
- Having difficult conversations - Techniques for having conversations with employees about their mental health - how to keep the conversation moving and support them going forward
- Signposting - The difference between signposting and bespoke advice and understand the importance of knowing what support is in place in an organisation and how to signpost to external support
- Adapting and adjusting – How to make adjustments within the workplace and better understand how to performance manage someone experiencing poor mental health
- How to respond in a crisis - Six steps to help your clients support an employee having a mental health crisis
- Looking after yourself - How your client’s managers can respond to their own mental health needs and set professional boundaries
The new online Wellbeing Library contains a range of guides and tools including useful hints, and tips.
It provides wellbeing help for many different scenarios from family and relationships, to money and work, and mental and physical health conditions. For example, in our financial modules, our articles cover budgeting, how to avoid financial scams and how to build up their money to name but a few.
Your Group Income Protection and Critical Illness clients’ insured employees can access the Wellbeing Library through the Aviva DigiCare+ Workplace app. For uninsured employees who do not have access to the app, they can visit the Wellbeing Library online via a link which their employer can share from the employer hub. Your Group Life clients can also give their employees access by sharing a link from the employer hub.
Our employer hubs put all the tools and promotional materials your clients need to promote these new services and the rest of our wellbeing services, in one central place.
Each product has its own hub and is a one-stop shop for all things wellbeing. It makes it easy for your clients to ensure their employees know about the different wellbeing services available to them, including downloadable posters, emails and FAQs.
Supporting all your clients
These new offerings are available across all three products: Group Life, Group Income Protection and Group Critical Illness to all your clients, from the very large to the very small.
We believe clients who don’t have internal resources to draw on for employee wellbeing will truly value our new enhancements. For those who do have a dedicated HR or wellbeing team, these tools will be a helpful resource for them to signpost employees and managers, saving them valuable time with content that employees can access whenever they need. Please remember all our wellbeing services are non-contractual benefits Aviva can withdraw at any time.
It takes Aviva to help your clients and their employees live their best lives.