Invest for growth, income or both
A medium to long-term investment bond, Select Investment gives your clients access to a wide range of funds. They can invest for growth, income or a combination of the two.
All key investment sectors
Your clients can invest in a wide and varied range of funds across different sectors and the risk spectrum, including some with valuable guarantees
Simple charging structure
Based on fund size and with no early-exit charges and no reduced allocation for older clients
Potentially tax-efficient withdrawal options and trust options to help minimise IHT liability
Why Select Investment?
With us, your clients are investing with a company that holds an A+ ‘Stable’ financial-strength rating from Standard & Poor’s. Select Investments start from £10,000 and, depending on your client's circumstances, could be a tax-efficient way to plan for the future.
The Select Investment bond offers:
- Wide range of funds across sectors and risk spectrum - managed by Aviva Investors and other leading fund houses
- Range of unit-linked and with-profits funds with valuable guarantees
- Simple, transparent charging structure with no early exit charges
- Annual management charge discounts
- Flexible investment options whether your client is looking for growth, an income or both
- Tax-efficient withdrawal options offering potential tax benefits for both basic and higher rate taxpayers
- Range of trust options to help minimise inheritance tax liability
- Choice of adviser-charging options.
The value of investments can go down as well as up and investors may not get back what they put in. Tax rules may change in the future. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in the future.
Facts and figures
At a glance
|Minimum investment £10,000 - no maximum (except for with-profits investments which are maximum £1,000,000)|
|Available from age 12 to 85 - signature of a parent or guardian required for ages 12-15|
|100% allocation rate for all ages|
|Up to 250 segments, each with a minimum investment of £500|
|Invest in up to 10 funds from a wide range of Aviva and externally managed investments (Series 4)|
Guaranteed funds charges
• Guaranteed 100 Fund - 0.50% per year
• Guaranteed 90 Fund - 0.35% per year
(5-year guarantees with the guarantee applying on the anniversary date)
• With Profit (8 Year) Guarantee - 0.70% per year
• With Profit (9 Year) Guarantee - 0.60% per year
• With Profit (10 Year) Guarantee - 0.50% per year
(Guarantee applies from 30 days before the anniversary date until 30 days after it)
|At least 100.1% of the value of the units held at the date of death|
|Unlimited free switching except for switches out of certain funds - see the terms and conditions for details|
|Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly – minimum withdrawal £50|
|Payable monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly from the Distribution 2 fund only|
We take an annual management charge by cancelling units. It’s calculated as a percentage of the units held at the end of the last day of the previous month. The charge depends on overall fund value in the bond:
• Up to £9,999 1.40%
• £10,000 - £24,999 1.40%
• £25,000 - £49,999 0.75%
• £50,000 - £99,999 0.55%
• £100,000 - £249,999 0.40%
• £250,000 - £499,999 0.35%
• £500,000 + 0.30%
Additional fund charges
Additional charges apply to certain funds. These may include an extra management charge and a fund management expense charge (FMEC). FMECs can vary from year to year.
Charges currently range from zero to 1.78% a year. For more details please visit our Investment Centre.
|We don’t accept additional investments into the Select Investment Bond, but if your client takes out an additional investment bond, we'll base their annual management charge on the total amount invested across all bonds.|
|Available as initial, ongoing and single adviser charges - see the Adviser Remuneration tab for details|
|Client deals||We may offer a reduced annual management charge for individual cases with investments over £250,000|
Select Investment is designed for clients who:
- Have a lump sum of at least £10,000 to invest
- Have maximised their ISA allowance
- Want access to a range of funds across a wide range of risk appetites
- Want the flexibility to invest for growth, income or both
- Are looking for an investment that offers some funds with guarantees
- Are comfortable that their investment may rise and fall in value over time
- Understand there is a risk that they may get back less than they invested.
Initial adviser charge
We deduct this from the initial investment before we set up the policy.
Single adviser charges
You can take a single charge from Select Investment on an ad-hoc basis.
Ongoing adviser charges
If you've agreed an ongoing charge with your client, we can take the charge from the Select Investment bond on your behalf - and pay it to you whenever suits you and your client. As the charge is classed as a withdrawal it counts towards allowances for chargeable gains or market value reductions (MVRs).
You have a range of options for how you set up an ongoing adviser charge:
- Percentage of the initial investment
- Specified monetary amount
- Proportionally across funds - or taken from specific funds
- Paid monthly, quarterly, half yearly or annually on the 3rd day of the month
- First payment date can be deferred.
We've got loads of online support for you as you run your day-to-day business. Log in to see how you can do things like:
- Getting policy information, including valuations
- Creating client reports and portfolio analysis
- Identifying funds for client switching
- Seeing recent client documentation.
And you don’t need to log in for access to our:
- Investment Centre - prices, performance, charges and ratings; compare and chart performance at fund or sector level using our charting tool
- Technical Support Centre - all the technical product help you need
- Document Library - to browse and download literature at any time.
Our Investment Portfolio lets your clients invest in a wide range of collective investments, structured products, and equities from all key investment sectors. In fact, there are thousands of funds to choose from.
Pension Portfolio is a self-invested personal pension, offering access to thousands of funds, equities, investment trusts exchange-traded funds, fixed income securities and commercial property. It offers a range of income drawdown options for your clients.
On the platform you’ll find a range of portfolios to cater for different tax and income requirements. So, whether your clients’ financial needs become simpler or more complicated over time, the Aviva Platform lets you adapt their investments to help fit their needs.
The ISA Portfolio is available on the Aviva Platform and lets your clients invest tax-efficiently in a wide range of collective investments and equities from all key investment sectors. In fact there are thousands of funds to choose from.
Smooth Managed Fund
The Smooth Managed Fund is designed to deliver growth over the medium to long term, employing a ‘smoothing’ process to shelter your clients from some of the impact of adverse market movements.
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.