You can pick up our Continual Professional Development (CPD) programme at the stage that best suits your experience - whether you’re only just thinking about entering the equity release market, or are looking to strengthen and build your existing equity release business.
To complete each module, watch the video and read the supporting documents.
You can request your CPD certificate by clicking on the link below - once you’ve completed a module, simply fill in a form to keep a track on your learning.
Choose the modules relevant to where you are in the equity release market. The first two modules are designed to provide support and advice if you're not yet active in this market. The second two are there to help you build your existing equity-release business.
A growing market
There’s no doubt that equity release has a crucial role to play in helping your clients with their later-life planning.
The equity release market has been growing year-on-year. With the market opportunity only set to continue growing, now is a great time for advisers to establish a strong foothold in this exciting marketplace.
About Module 1
Lifetime mortgages constitute over 99% of the equity release market and have carved out a reputation as a credible, powerful option for retirement lending. This module focuses on lifetime mortgages.
- To better understand equity release and its uses
- To understand how it could potentially benefit clients
- To learn how demographic and generational factors are influencing the market
- To improve the breadth and quality of your client fact find
Refer or get qualified
Gaining a qualification to advise on equity release could be a real benefit to many of your clients.
It can add a new dimension to your business and it might be easier than you think. And, if picking up a qualification to advise on equity release yourself isn’t right for you or your business just now, it doesn’t mean you can’t get involved in the market.
About Module 2
In this second module, we explain about the different examining bodies that offer a qualification to advise on equity release. We'll also cover the options for referring clients to a trusted partner if becoming qualified isn't right for you and your business right now.
- To understand how I can enter the equity release market
- To be aware of what to consider when getting qualified
- To understand the different examination bodies offering the qualification
- To be aware of what to consider when referring equity release business
- To learn what to expect from a typical lifetime mortgage case
Download supporting material
As well as watching the videos, you need to read the accompanying support material in order to finish each module. Please click on the links below to view each document.
The growing equity release market can offer many opportunities for both you and your clients.
But, getting qualified to advise on equity release, or even finding a trusted partner to refer clients to, is only half the picture. You’ll also need to learn how best to market this new string to your bow.
About Module 3
In this module, we’ll explore how you can engage with existing clients about equity release and what a lifetime mortgage could offer them. And we’ll think about effective strategies for finding new clients.
- To better understand how you can market equity release to your existing client base
- To learn skills and strategies for finding new clients
- To improve your understanding of the sandwich generation and their needs
- To ensure you get the right equity release outcome for your clients
- To fully understand enhanced rates
For qualified equity release advisers, partnerships and referrals represent a valuable source of business.
A strong referrals network allows you to access previously untapped markets, expand the reach of your services and build your business. There are also opportunities with estate agents, solicitors, accountants, local businesses and more, all of whom may have clients who could benefit from equity release.
About Module 4
In this final module, we'll show you how to unlock the value in your professional connections, and how to expand your network.
- To learn about generating referrals through professional connections
- To understand the range of industry standard and non industry standard connections for equity release referrals
- To understand the best methods and strategies for approaching these contacts
- To understand best practice when generating leads from professional connections