Why choose Aviva?
5 key reasons why Aviva is right for you and your clients.
1. Extensive breadth of trading options
- As one of the leading insurers in the UK general insurance market, we have a wealth of expertise, products and ways to trade to help you get the best cover for your clients.
- For personal lines, we offer a variety of products from standard home and motor to products for high and ultra-high net worth.
- For commercial lines, we have solutions for businesses of all sizes, whether they’re self-employed individuals or large corporate organisations.
- At the smaller end, you can trade with us digitally using our 5* rated* Fast Trade platform and for more complex cases, you can speak to one of our many expert underwriters.
- With a wide-ranging appetite for both commercial and personal lines schemes, our dedicated team can help you to develop and grow a product to meet your customers’ niche requirements.
- Finally, there’s also Marketplace which offers you a breadth of trusted solutions for those harder to place risks, brought to you by expert providers who are hand-picked by Aviva.
2. Looking after you and your clients
- Our Aviva Risk Management Solutions team helps you and your clients to look at risks that arise in the work place and put into action sensible measures to control them. Whether your client’s business is large or small, effective risk management today means fewer surprises and unexpected consequences in the future.
- Claims – for more than 320 years Aviva has been there for clients, when the unexpected happens. At the very heart of our claims service is your clients - understanding their needs and how we can get them back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Fraud – we take fraud very seriously – it’s all about protecting you and your clients. We’re committed to continue to invest in our fraud prevention and detection capabilities and last year alone, we uncovered more than 9,000 instances of claims fraud, worth more than £122m of saving in 2022.*
3. Supporting you and your business
- Future Leaders Programme – professional training for individuals looking to step up as the broker principals of the future. The course covers the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to run a successful business as well as access to industry expert mentors.
- Learning & Development - do you want to develop new skills or further your existing knowledge? To make sure your team are at the top of their game. Or your successor is ready to succeed? Our Broker Learning and Development team can help. We've collaborated with insurance professionals and development experts to create a host of learning opportunities that suit all career stages, including online courses, virtual seminars and face-to-face programmes that count towards Continous Professional Development.
- Succession - whether you're considering exiting your business or you're looking to grow through acquisitions, we've got a wealth of expertise and support to help get the best outcome for you and your business. From providing expert confidential consultancy to assess where you are in your journey right now, to putting you in touch with funding, financial and due diligence specialists, we'll support you in taking the next step.
- We hear you and we’re here for you. By responding to your feedback and the changing economic and regulatory landscape, our Here For You page offers further support for you and your clients with the challenges you’re facing today and tomorrow.
4. Access to additional support and expertise in your community
- The Aviva Broker Community Fund has helped support the local causes you care about. Over the last 10 years, we’ve awarded over £1.6 million to causes nominated by you.
- Broker Mentor provides free marketing support for all brokers. You’ll find lots of advice on how to make the most out of your marketing activity to find new customers, retain your existing relationships and cross-sell.
- Broker Roadshows - these annual regional events provide access to topical seminars and networking opportunities where you can meet a wide range of experts from across the many areas of our business and catch-up with your peers.
5. Voted for by you
Insurance Times Awards
General Insurer of the Year 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014
Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year 2021, 2018, 2017 and 2016
British Insurance Awards
General Insurer of the Year 2023, 2020, 2018 and 2017
Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year 2021 and 2020
Personal Lines Insurer of the Year 2020
British Insurance Awards 2019
Best of the Best Insurer - 25th Year Anniversary Award
More about Aviva
Visit our corporate website to find out more.
* All figures quoted are based on Aviva’s own figures for the general insurance fraud it detected in 2022.