£1,000 awards announced to brokers building stronger communities
Since 2010 hundreds of brokers have secured funding for local causes in their community through the Aviva Community Fund. Last month we announced another wave of broker winners and the causes they’re championing to build stronger communities.
Last September the Aviva Community Fund opened again for entries and we were proud to see brokers from across the UK championing their community causes to win up to £25,000 funding.
Our first set of broker winners were announced in January as we awarded twenty three worthy causes their requested funding of up to £1000. Even small things can make a big difference and this funding along with the ongoing support from the brokers involved will help build stronger communities and bring new ideas to life.
Next month our 60 remaining finalists will be attending our special Broker Finale event in Manchester where we’ll announce and award the winners of the up to £5,000, up to £10,000 and up to £25,000 awards live on stage. Good luck to all of the finalists.
If your project didn’t make it to the finals this year or if you are feeling inspired by the entries and want to know how you can help a local community project, you’ll find lots of tips, tools and guides on our Aviva Broker Community Fund page
Congratulations to the winners of the up to £1000 awards…
- Aon who supported Gosbecks Primary School - £1,000
- Appleton and Green Ltd who supported Norbury Scout and Guide Hut - £1,000
- BHIB Insurance Broker who supported Arts for Health - £900
- BHIB Insurance Broker who supported Friends of Red Hill Field Primary School - £1,000
- BHIB Insurance Broker who supported Winstanley Wizards - £600
- BWA who supported Redditch Road and Path Cycling Club - £1,000
- BWA (Commercial) Ltd who supported Senior Staffy Club - £1,000
- Circle Insurance Services who supported Hucknall Dads Group - £500
- Drayton Insurance who supported Capel St Mary War Memorial Trust - £1,000
- Ernest R Shaw who supported Polzeath Marine Conservation Group and Marine centre - £1,000
- Henshalls Insurance Brokers who supported The Clifton Community Arts Centre - £1,000
- Howgate Insurance Brokers Ltd who supported Wandgas Cricket Club - £1,000
- Jelf Insurance Brokers who supported Cwmgors Amateur Boxing Club - £1,000
- JPM Insurance Mgt Ltd who supported Boldmere St Michaels Under 8s Bears - £1,000
- MRIB Limited who supported Marlow Opportunity Playgroup - £1,000
- Neilson Laurence & Neil who supported Carolside Sports Club - £1,000
- NMJ Insurance who supported Friends of Bramham School - £1,000
- P J McIlroy & Son who supported Ballycastle Runners AC - £1,000
- Richard Keen IB Ltd who supported Western Warriors Cheer and Dance - £1,000
- Riviera Insurance Services Ltd who supported Cary Park Tennis Club - £1,000
- Russell Meers & Gill LLP who supported Riversides School PTA - £1,000
- T L Dallas & Co Ltd who supported Sedbergh Youth & Community Centre - £1,000
- Towergate who supported Friends of Kirk Fenton - £1,000