Green Cards update – everything you need to know for you and your clients

As the UK has now formally left the European Union and the Transition Period has ended, from 1st January 2021, UK motor insurance customers driving in the European Union, European Economic Area, Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland will need physical proof of motor insurance when they travel, commonly referred to as a Green Card.

To apply for a Green Card for your Personal or Commercial Lines clients, if you haven’t already done so, please log in to our broker website to access the online application form.

For large unspecified Fleet and Motor Trade policies however, we will not have the information we need to issue a Green Card. To find out what you’ll need to do to apply and everything else you need to know you can access our Green Card FAQ document here.