We’re providing more cover for hybrid and electric vehicles
We understand that alternatively fuelled vehicles have different demands, which is why we've increased covers for both hybrid and fully electric vehicles across our digitally traded Minifleet product.
From 20 August 2023, the following cover* will come as standard on both Fast Trade and eTrade:
- Charge points - Cover now added where damage occurs to the charging post
- Charging cables and connecting components - Cover now added for charging cable, adaptor or refuelling connecting components
- Electric vehicle battery - Cover for damage to the vehicle’s high voltage battery, caused by any power surge whilst the battery is being charged
And for fully electric vehicles we’re also adding:
- Electric vehicle out of charge recovery - Cover for charging a fully electric vehicle’s high voltage battery, with enough power to get to the nearest working public charge point
Why have we made this change?
From 2030, the Government will end the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans. This is already having an impact, with many businesses already either making the switch, or starting to consider the merits of an electric fleet.
We’re committed to our Net Zero by 2040 ambition1, and we want to better support you as the UK transitions to electric vehicles (EVs).
To find out more about all the ways we’re #HereForBrokers, take a look at the support and tools available on our dedicated broker hub
*All cover is subject to terms and conditions, exclusions apply, please refer to the Policy Wording for full details
1. While we are working towards our sustainability ambitions, we acknowledge that we have relationships with businesses and existing assets that may be associated with significant emissions. More information can be found at https://www.aviva.com/sustainability/climate/.