As one of the UK’s largest insurers, we have proven technical expertise within the Construction sector to address the needs and challenges of your clients, today, tomorrow and in the future.
Tailored Insurance Solutions
A modular, flexible approach allowing the most relevant covers and additional products to be provided to meet your clients’ needs, alongside industry-focused covers included as standard.
Fast, fair and reliable claims
Having paid 96% of claims in 2018, Aviva customers receive a level of claims service they can trust, backed by the provision of dual remedies and defence excellence.
Specialist industry expertise
Access to dedicated underwriters, as well as risk, claims and client relationship management, with a wealth of experience working with mid-market businesses, and expertise in the sectors in which they operate.
Why Aviva for Construction?
- Access to locally based underwriters who will act as a focal point to combine relevant covers, products and services
- Access to real-time data and predictive analytics, to provide actionable insights in relation to adequacy of coverage to provide your customers with choice and confidence they have the right level of cover should the worst happen
- Benefit from access to specialty covers that include Engineering, Accident & Health, Marine, Management Liability, Commercial Crime, Cyber & Legal Expenses
- Industry-focused benefits and services included as standard
- Fair Presentation of Risk Guarantee available** alongside the provision of dual remedies for innocent non-disclosure
- Warranty free policies with a flexible approach to conditions
- For larger, complex clients, access to client relationship management to co-ordinate the overall Aviva service*
*subject to risk acceptance, terms and conditions apply
**subject to acceptance criteria
- Shop Fitters
- Flooring Contractors
- Painters & Decorators
Our approach ensures that our capabilities, products and services are tailored specifically to the needs of businesses in the Construction sector to deliver an integrated solution.
Industry-focused cover included as standard:
- Loss minimisation £50,000
- Buildings due for demolition £25,000
- Offsite storage £250,000 or £25,000 for non-ferrous metals
- Marine 50/50 clause
- Fire brigade charges £50,000
- Show properties £40,000 or £75,000 where property is alarmed
- Private dwellings on a speculative basis for sale or let up to 180 days, pending sale
- Hold cover facility for building contracts liability and damage cover (JCT 6.5.1)
- Capital additions – 20% of the total building & machinery sum insured, or £1,000,000
A prevention-first philosophy
- The provision of customised loss prevention solutions and technology at the point of quote or renewal, benefiting from pre-agreed discounted rates and service level agreements to support the implementation of risk control programmes in your clients business
- Complementary access to risk insights, guidance and loss prevention standards
- Virtual risk management to provide access to specialist risk expertise on demand to suit your clients' schedules
- Resilient repairs up to £100,000 included as standard to provide cover for additional costs incurred for the purpose of improving resiliency of the property insured, following a claim
A fast, fair and reliable claims service
- UK based centres of excellence, with in-house loss adjusting and expert handlers in specific lines of business
- Claims handled end-to-end via personal claims manager, available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Dedicated Major Incident teams to provide immediate response after an event
- Access to customer-level claims trend analysis reporting, to assist management of claims costs and improving life cycles
You can find out more about our claims process by visiting Our Claims Service page.
We know that a longer-term partnership is the best way to give you and your clients a competitive edge providing stability in an uncertain world, alongside services, to help your clients manage costs.
- Access to 3 year long term deals with rate commitments and profit shares, subject to eligibility
- Business Support Funding to part, or fully, fund consultancy, loss prevention solutions and technology to improve resiliency and innovate their business
- Access to Aviva Businesslaw website that contains a range of how-to business and legal step-by-step tools, including guides, document builders, interactive checklists and videos to help you clients stay on top of employing staff and debts (including debt recovery), as well as providing tools to quickly produce essential business documents such as contracts, policy documents and letters. All alongside access to a complimentary legal advice helpline 0345 300 1899, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Confidential Counselling Service helpline for you clients employees to help deal with personal issues such as bereavement, divorce and the threat of violence and bullying at work, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 0117 934 0105
Cover for 13 vehicles or more.
Cover against a range of cyber criminal attacks.
Solutions for clients across the breadth of commerce and industry.