If I am unhappy can I refer my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service?

If you feel we've not considered all of your issues or you can provide further information, please let us know and we'll be happy to review it.

But if you're unhappy with the outcome you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to carry out an independent review of your complaint. In any event, you have the right to ask them to review your complaint if we've been unable to resolve it within 8 weeks.

The Financial Ombudsman Service can help with most complaints if you are:

  • A consumer
  • A micro enterprise which:
    • (i) employs fewer than 10 people; and
    • (ii) has a turnover or annual balance sheet that does not exceed €2 million (or its equivalent in any other currency)
  • A small business with an annual turnover of less than £6.5 million; and
    • (i) employs fewer than 50 people; or
    • (ii) has a balance sheet total of less than £5 million
  • A charity with an annual turnover of less than £6.5 million
  • A trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £5 million 
If you’re unsure whether the Financial Ombudsman Service will consider your complaint, please contact them directly for advice. The service they provide is free and impartial and contacting them at any stage of your complaint will not affect your legal rights.

You can find out how to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk