Mental health management for 250+ employees
Mental Health Pathway, and Mental Health Pathway Plus, are optional extras for our group PMI product, Optimum. They involve tailoring the support that employees receive for their mental health, focusing on personalised clinical care.
Reducing sickness absence
7 out of 10 employees sought treatment whilst still at work and 84% of all claimants were back at work by the end of their treatment
Simple claims process
Employees only need to contact us once – our provider takes care of everything else
Dedicated account management for you and your client
Why Mental Health Pathway?
The Mental Health Pathway gives your clients’ employees a clinically guided journey with evidenced treatment outcomes. It’s designed to help prevent absenteeism, improve recovery, and increase return to work rates.
There’s no need for employees to wait to see their GP. They can self-refer, and our team will put them in touch with an independent clinical provider, CBT Clinics, for an assessment.
They’ll then be able to access the most appropriate treatment option to suit their needs. These include a range of remote options, like telephone or video link consultations, alongside face-to-face sessions and talking therapies.
- Rapid access to treatment – employees can refer themselves for an assessment with a mental health practitioner within 48 hours
- Clinical treatment determined by front end mental health experts – ensuring the employee is routed to the most effective treatment
- Cover is based on personalised clinical care – no excess or out-patient limits apply. Treatment continues as clinically appropriate, reducing delays in treatment for talking therapies and unnecessary admission to in-patient care
- Simple claims process – employees only need to contact our claims teams once. Their treatment is then overseen by our independent clinical provider, leaving them to focus on getting better
- Range of treatment options – online cognitive behavioural therapy, remote (telephone or video link), face to face talking therapies, psychiatrist assessment and in-patient treatment where clinically necessary
- Wide range of Specialists – a network of over 2,200 clinicians including: Practitioner Psychologists, Cognitive Behavioural Therapists, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Consultants, Psychiatrists and Counsellors
For your clients
- Reducing sickness absence in their business - 7 in 10 employees accessed the Pathway whilst still in work and 86% of all claimants had returned to work by the end of their treatment*
- Access to mental health assessment within 48 hours – rapid access into our service enables employees to seek the support they need at the first signs of emotional distress, helping them to stay well for both work and at home
- Supporting employees in managing the current high pressure ‘always on’ society – online support tools and relapse prevention plans for effective self management enabling employees to manage the challenges of normal life after their treatment
* Mental Health Pathway Report, Portfolio Comparison, April 2018 - April 2019
Mental Health Pathway Plus
Recognising that every company has different needs, we offer an expanded option, Mental Health Pathway Plus, which has the addition of two key benefits:
- All addictions are covered
- Access to an addictions programme
- Early access to out-patient support, helping tackle the issues before they impact the individual’s work and home-life
- In-patient treatment where clinically indicated
- Clinically governed, stepped care pathway
Removal of the chronic condition exclusion for treatment through the mental health pathway
- We’ve removed any restriction on chronic mental health conditions and have provided defined clinical support for them
- Front-end clinical assessment and stepped-care pathway for mental health conditions
The Mental Health Pathway simple claims process
- Member self-refers to Aviva to confirm their cover.
- They receive a clinical assessment by an independent mental health practitioner within 48 hours.
- A bespoke treatment plan is developed based on clinical need. The process is reviewed by the CBT Clinics case manager and if required, the employee can be referred on for further clinical assessment, where clinically necessary.
- The employee recovers from their acute episode. If the episode is more serious requiring further clinical assessment, a treatment plan is developed and implemented by a Specialist. If clinically appropriate, members under Specialist consultation may be referred back to CBT Clinics for onward case management.
- We offer a 12 month relapse prevention programme where clinically appropriate. The outcome data is recorded and fed back into an evidence-based model to aid continued outcome improvement
We offer a 12 month relapse prevention programme where clinically appropriate. The outcome data is recorded and fed back into an evidence-based model to aid continued outcome improvement
Which documents should you use?
Mental Health Pathway literature is a useful guide for you when you’re talking through the options available to your clients.
It’s important that you get to know the brochure well, as it gives full details of both Mental Health Pathway and the Mental Health Pathway Plus option. It will also help you conduct a compliant sale.
These documents explain how the option works
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.