Introducing Healthier Solutions
Healthier Solutions is our award-winning individual private medical insurance (PMI) product designed with your clients in mind. With prompt access to eligible diagnostic tests and private medical treatment at a nationwide network of hospitals and clinics, it could help reduce waiting times and help them return to their normal routine sooner.
We'll find the most suitable specialist and hospital for the customer's condition, giving them a range to choose from.
Enhanced cancer cover
We understand the importance of providing extensive cover and support at every stage of cancer treatment.
Our range of wellbeing services can help your clients to make informed, balanced and positive lifestyle choices.
Why Healthier Solutions?
Healthier Solutions is our modular PMI product for individual clients, helping them get prompt, private medical treatment through a nationwide network of UK hospitals. Among the benefits are:
- Extensive cancer cover is standard on every policy
- Flexible PMI, with options to help meet your clients’ needs and budgets
- All levels of cover include some in-patient, day-patient and out-patient treatment costs
- Selection of hospital options including Expert Select, our new, simple option which guides your client to the treatment they need in their local area
- MyHealthCounts* online wellbeing tool - rewarding clients for looking after and understanding their health
- Access to Aviva Digital GP* - get the support your clients need from an NHS-registered private GP via the app, with access to 5 video GP consultations per member over the age of 16, per policy year and repeat NHS prescriptions (NHS England exemptions accepted) with free delivery. Dependents under 16 can be added to adult member accounts.
- A No Claim Discount (NCD) of up to 75% and the option to include protected NCD which applies to each member, not just the policy
- Each member can claim up to £250 per year, without affecting the NCD
Flexible, affordable PMI
Healthier Solutions has a wide range of options to choose from, so it’s easy for you to increase or decrease cover levels to create the PMI cover that helps to meet your clients’ budgets and needs.
There’s a lot to take on board about the cover available with Healthier Solutions. Our ‘Extra peace of mind’ sales aid can help you explain the modules to clients – but we’ve also broken down the information into 5 overview areas here:
Added value benefits included as standard
Explaining our hospital options
What makes our PMI different?
As one of the UK’s leading providers of PMI, we’ve developed cover that helps your clients get prompt access to treatment in quality facilities, as well as helping them to monitor and improve their daily health and fitness.
Depending on what's important to them, they can choose to increase or decrease their cover. Healthier Solutions is designed to be flexible to help meet your clients personal requirements.
Why choose Healthier Solutions?
- Fits around your clients’ needs
Not everyone wants the same levels of benefit or identical services. So clients can upgrade or reduce benefit levels according to preference and affordability.
- Features that are really appreciated
Healthier Solutions does more than cater for illness and injury. It highlights health issues and incentivises improvements in health – from UK gym membership discounts to online programmes such as MyHealthCounts that can help reduce premiums at renewal.
- Accessibility and choice
We work with specialists and hospital groups to create products that provide your clients with quality treatment, when they need it and where it’s convenient.
- We deliver the service your clients are expecting
We treat our customers as individuals first, and count our numbers second. It’s why we place so much emphasis on in-house clinical expertise to support our claims teams and manage cases, one by one. We’ve also been recognised as Health Insurance Company of the Year every year since 2010 at the annual Health Insurance Awards.
- We remove the stress from making a claim
If a client needs to claim, we help them focus on what’s important – making a recovery – rather than dealing with paperwork. That’s why we deal with most claims over the phone. Alternatively, they can make a claim on our MyAviva app - available to download from the App Store or Google Play. Mobile data charges may apply.
- We stay abreast of industry issues and evolve our products
We’re committed to making sure our cover and services are in line with the latest health developments and government legislation.
We’re here to help your clients when they need to make a claim. But it can be reassuring for them to understand how the process works when they’re considering taking out a policy.
Our approach to a very individual matter
If your clients need to claim, they become patients: people whose needs differ from case to case. We know they may not be feeling 100% when they call, and our claims teams will help them every step of the way. That need for individual attention is why we have a dedicated department looking after our PMI claims, with staff who have experience in the relevant fields and can familiarise themselves with the details of each claim they work on.
Specialist expertise and specialist claims support
Because some conditions are more complex than others, we have experienced advisers in dedicated condition-management teams. We also have specialist claims teams focusing on conditions such as oncology and mental health.
This means your clients will talk to experienced staff who can empathise and understand what they’re going through. And clinicians are on hand to give our staff detailed assistance, providing medical advice to make sure patients get the best possible treatment and support.
Helping your clients make a claim
The information to start a claim is in the policy documents, and all claims can be made online via our MyAviva app. However, clients may still want to contact you first for advice.
Making a claim with Expert Select
If your client has chosen Expert Select, there are four, simple steps they'll need to take whenever they make a claim.
Step 1 - Customers ask their GP for an open referral, specifying the type of specialist they need to see without naming one.
Step 2 - We'll give the customer a choice of local medical facilities and consultants who meet our quality requirements.
Step 3 - We can immediately transfer the customer to the booking team at their chosen facility.
Step 4 - We'll settle all eligible bills in full with the approved provider so your client doesn't have to worry about any unexpected fees.
For all other hospital options
If your client has a hospital list on their policy, they'll need to follow a slightly different but equally straightforward process:
Step 1 – see the GP
Clients should visit their GP if they're feeling unwell. If their GP wants them to see a medical professional then it is simpler for them to ask for an open referral. This simply states their condition and what type of specialist they need and we'll then help them find the most appropriate one for them.
It's really important that they get in touch with us before attending any appointments so we can make sure their claim is covered under the terms and conditions of the policy before they incur any costs.
Step 2 – call us
It helps us if your clients have some details to hand when they call, but we always do everything we can to help.
We'll ask for their personal details, including the policy number, a description of the symptoms and condition, what the GP has said, the name of their specialist and where they practice. If your clients are given an open referral, we'll just need to know the type of specialist they’re being referred to. And if we need more information from a GP, we'll do our best to make this happen quickly.
Call the claims team: 0800 068 5821
Monday to Friday 8am to 6.30pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded
Step 3 – update us with treatment details
If the specialist recommends hospital treatment, your client must tell us what treatment has been recommended and the procedure code (CCSD). We’ll then confirm whether the treatment is covered and let them know if they can get it through our networks, at a hospital covered under their hospital option or at another facility recognised by us.
Step 4 – relax, we’ll settle the invoices
We can settle most eligible bills directly with the hospital. Most specialists send their bills straight to us. If your clients do get a bill at home, they can forward it to us at:
Bill Payment Team,
Aviva Health UK,
If they choose to use our MyAviva app, they will be able to take advantage of its great benefits:
- Start a new claim or update an existing one
- Check policy information, including cover and benefit details
- View their claims summary, update us on the next stages of their treatment and track the bills paid against their claim
- Keep track of their excess and outpatient benefits (if applicable)
- Live Chat directly to one of our claims team without having to pick up the phone
MyAviva is available to download from the App Store or Google Play. Terms and conditions apply and can be read in-app before signing up. Mobile data charges may apply.
These features are included at no extra charge with every Healthier Solutions policy. We think they’re appreciated by clients who want to lead healthier lives and have access to useful services that help maintain their wellbeing. They can help you demonstrate the value of having an Aviva PMI policy in place.
- Stress Counselling helpline - Stress can develop when people feel they are having difficulty with the demands and expectations they face. This is where the Stress Counselling helpline can be useful. Members can talk in confidence to trained counsellors about issues that they feel are causing stress. The service is available to members aged 16 or over.
- MyHealthCounts* an online health questionnaire and programme which can help your clients understand more about their health and the lifestyle choices that might affect it.
- Mental health support articles*: Aviva can help your clients to manage and improve their mental health by providing them with access to helpful information and articles.
How MyHealthCounts works
What’s involved in the 12-week programme?
Helping you sell
We've shared some of our ideas that can help you identify clients, overcome objections, and make it easier to recommend Healthier Solutions.
Target market statement
Finding the right clients
Helping your clients to talk about their health
Answering clients’ technical questions
We’re here to help you
Quote and apply
Our Aviva Sales Consultants are on hand to guide you through the process
You can also use our Healthier Solutions premium illustrator as a guide, before getting a more detailed quote.
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded.
Helps your clients beat the waiting lists for diagnostic tests – it's a product that’s significantly cheaper than traditional PMI because it doesn’t pay for any treatment
Our multi-award winning, flexible private medical insurance product covering between 1-249 lives – helping your clients manage absence levels by getting employees timely diagnostic tests and treatment
Our group PMI product that lets your clients flexibly choose benefits suited to their business needs
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.