Helping to find out what’s wrong - quickly
Speedy Diagnostics is a simple way to help your clients beat waiting lists and find out what’s wrong. It’s cheaper than traditional private medical insurance (PMI), because it doesn’t pay for any treatment.
Your clients can beat the waiting lists and get a speedy diagnosis of what’s wrong
As treatment isn’t included, it’s cheaper than a standard PMI policy
Stress counselling helpline
If your clients ever feel stressed, they can call the helpline and speak with experienced counsellors
Why Speedy Diagnostics?
Speedy Diagnostics helps your clients jump the queue when there are waiting lists to get a diagnosis. They get prompt access to fee-approved consultants, and there’s no limit to the amounts we will cover for your clients’ diagnosis.
- Speedy access to a diagnosis with a fee-approved specialist – no waiting list, no fuss
- Cover for diagnostic tests such as MRI scans, X-Rays, blood tests and ECGs - out-patient MRI, CT and PET scans are covered at recognised diagnostic centres only
- Hospital and specialist charges for in-and-day-patient diagnostic tests
- Access to the Aviva Digital GP app - giving your clients swift and convenient access to 5 GP video consultations, per member per policy year, and the ability to order repeat NHS prescriptions in-app with free UK delivery (all NHS England exemptions accepted). Please note, Aviva Digital GP is available to residents of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man at home or abroad. Terms and conditions for Aviva Digital GP can be viewed in-app before they sign up. Mobile data charges may apply. Aviva Digital GP is powered by Square Health. This service is a non-contractual benefit that can be withdrawn by Aviva at any time.
- Stress counselling helpline - available to members aged 16 and over
Why diagnosis only?
Affordability may put off some of your clients from buying a traditional PMI product. But a simple policy that just helps them find out what’s wrong may give them the reassurance they’re seeking at a price they can afford.
A product that doesn’t provide treatment may strike your clients as unusual. But Speedy Diagnostics can be an ideal solution for someone who wants the reassurance of knowing that waiting lists won’t be a problem if they need to find out what’s wrong.
Here we show what Speedy Diagnostics can cover, what it can't cover, and the additional value that’s included at no extra charge.
Cover provided by Speedy Diagnostics
Cover not provided
Added value benefits included as standard
Renewing Speedy Diagnostics
Why choose Speedy Diagnostics?
- Straightforward and affordable
Not everyone can afford traditional PMI cover. For a lower premium, this product helps to provide reassurance to your clients by enabling access to prompt diagnostic tests.
- 24-hour stress counselling helpline
Available to members aged 16 and over.
- Save money at renewal
With our 15-level no-claim discount, your client's discount will increase by 1 level each year they don’t claim, up to a maximum of 75%.
- Remove the stress from making a claim
If a client needs to make a claim, we’ll do our best to help things go smoothly. That means they can concentrate on getting the tests they need. We’ll assess their claim over the telephone wherever possible. On occasion, we may need them to complete a claim form which we can help them fill out, if needed.
- Example of how we evolve our products
Because we stay abreast of clinical issues, we’re aware that prompt diagnosis is becoming increasingly important in identifying, informing and treating many medical conditions.
Thanks to our focus on delivering high levels of healthcare expertise, we have been awarded 'Health Insurance Company of the Year' at the annual Health Insurance Awards every year since 2010.
Claims – what happens next?
Making a claim on a Speedy Diagnostics policy is straightforward. All the information to start a claim is in the policy documents, but clients may contact you first for advice. If that happens, and a GP has referred your client to see a specialist for diagnosis consultation or tests, they need to call us before making the appointment. It’ll help us if your clients have some details to hand when they phone in, but we'll do everything we can to help. They should:
Call the claims team: 0800 158 3333
Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm, Saturday 8am – 1pm
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded
- We'll ask for their personal details, including their Speedy Diagnostics policy number
- We’ll ask for a brief description of the symptoms and what the GP has said
- If we don’t have a network in place for their suspected condition, we’ll also ask for the name of the specialist they’d like to see and where they practice. We’ll confirm if the specialist and/or hospital are recognised by us.
If your clients have an open referral, they may not know the specialist’s name. If that's the case, we'll just need to know which kind of specialist they need to see. With confirmation that the appointment and tests will be covered, your client can then go ahead, safe in the knowledge that we’ll cover the costs up to a diagnosis being made.
We understand that your clients may be anxious about a diagnosis, so we’ll do our best to approve eligible costs as quickly as possible.
Clinicians are on hand in each of our claims teams to give our phone staff detailed support, providing medical insights as necessary to make sure patients get the best possible tests to aid diagnosis.
Settling the bills
We can settle most bills directly with the specialist or hospital. Most will be sent straight to us, but if your clients do get a bill at home, they can forward it to us at:
Bill Payment Team
Aviva Health UK
These features are included at no extra charge with every Speedy Diagnostics policy. They can give additional levels of reassurance for your clients, and help you demonstrate the value of having a Speedy Diagnostics policy in place:
- 24-hour stress counselling helpline - available to members aged 16 and over.
- Up to 25% off membership at a range of UK gyms and health clubs. Terms and conditions apply and can be found at aviva.co.uk/getactive*
* These services are non-contractual benefits that can be withdrawn by Aviva at any time.
Helping you sell
We can help you introduce Speedy Diagnostics to your clients as a low-cost product that helps them get a prompt diagnosis when something’s wrong with their health.
Target market statement
Finding the right clients
We’re here to help you
Quote and apply
Download the Healthier Solutions premium illustrator to help you demonstrate affordability and the costs before getting a more detailed quote.
Get quotes and apply online by registering with eSolutions.
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded.
Our award-winning individual PMI product designed to help your clients get prompt access to diagnostic tests and eligible private medical treatment at over 400 UK hospitals
A long-term policy that pays out if, during the policy term, your client can't work and suffers a loss of earnings due to illness or injury
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.