Helping to find out what’s wrong - quickly
Speedy Diagnostics is a simple way to help your clients avoid lengthy wait times and find out what’s wrong. It’s cheaper than traditional private medical insurance (PMI), because it doesn’t pay for any treatment.
Your clients may avoid lengthy wait times and get a speedy diagnosis of what’s wrong
As treatment isn’t included, it’s cheaper than a standard PMI policy
Stress Counselling helpline
If your clients ever feel stressed, they can call the helpline and speak with experienced counsellors
Why Speedy Diagnostics?
Speedy Diagnostics helps your clients get prompt access to specialists, and there’s no limit to the amount we will pay for your clients’ diagnosis.
- Speedy access to a consultation and/or diagnostic tests with a specialist – no waiting list, no fuss
- Cover for out-patient diagnostic tests, for example, blood tests, X-rays, scans and ECGS (Out-patient CT, MRI and PET scans are only covered at a recognised diagnostic centre)
- Hospital and specialist charges for in- and day-patient diagnostic tests
Why diagnosis only?
Affordability may put off some of your clients from buying a traditional PMI product. But a simple policy that just helps them find out what’s wrong may give them the reassurance they’re seeking at a price they can afford.
A product that doesn’t provide treatment may strike your clients as unusual. But Speedy Diagnostics can be an ideal solution for someone who wants the reassurance of knowing that waiting lists won’t be a problem if they need to find out what’s wrong.
Here we show what Speedy Diagnostics can cover, what it can't cover, and the additional value that’s included at no extra charge.
Cover provided by Speedy Diagnostics
Cover not provided
Added value benefits included as standard
Renewing Speedy Diagnostics
Why choose Speedy Diagnostics?
- Straightforward and affordable
Not everyone can afford traditional PMI cover. For a lower premium, this product helps to provide reassurance to your clients by enabling access to prompt diagnostic tests.
- Save money at renewal
With our 15-level no-claim discount, your client's discount will increase by 1 level each year they don’t claim, up to a maximum of 75%.
- Remove the stress from making a claim
If a client needs to make a claim, we’ll do our best to help things go smoothly. That means they can concentrate on getting the tests they need. We’ll assess their claim over the telephone wherever possible. On occasion, we may need them to complete a claim form which we can help them fill out, if needed.
- Example of how we evolve our products
Because we stay abreast of clinical issues, we’re aware that prompt diagnosis is becoming increasingly important in identifying, informing and treating many medical conditions.
Claims – what happens next?
Making a claim on a Speedy Diagnostics policy is straightforward. All the information to start a claim is in the policy documents, but clients may contact you first for advice. If that happens, and a GP has referred your client to see a specialist for a consultation or tests, they need to call us before making the appointment. It’ll help us if your clients have some details to hand when they phone in, but we'll do everything we can to help. They should:
Call the claims team: 0800 158 3333
Monday to Friday 8am – 6.30pm, Saturday 9am – 1pm
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded
- We'll ask for their personal details, including their Speedy Diagnostics policy number
- We’ll ask for a brief description of the symptoms and what the GP has said
- If we don’t have a network in place for their suspected condition, we’ll also ask for the name of the specialist they’d like to see and where they practice. We’ll confirm if the specialist and/or hospital are recognised by us.
If your clients have an open referral, they may not know the specialist’s name. If that's the case, we'll just need to know which type of specialist they need to see. With confirmation that the appointment and tests will be covered, your client can then go ahead, safe in the knowledge that we’ll cover the costs up to a diagnosis being made.
We understand that your clients may be anxious about a diagnosis, so we’ll do our best to approve eligible costs as quickly as possible.
Clinicians are on hand in each of our claims teams to give our customer service staff detailed support, providing medical insights as necessary to make sure patients get the best possible tests to aid diagnosis.
Settling the bills
We can settle most eligible bills directly with the specialist or hospital. Most will be sent straight to us, but if your clients do get a bill at home, they can forward it to us at:
Bill Payment Team
Aviva Health UK
These features are included at no extra charge with every Speedy Diagnostics policy. They can give additional levels of reassurance for your clients, and help you demonstrate the value of having a Speedy Diagnostics policy in place:
- Stress Counselling helpline - Stress can develop when people feel they are having difficulty with the demands and expectations they face. This is where the Stress Counselling helpline can be useful. Members can talk in confidence to trained counsellors about issues that they feel are causing stress. The service is available to members aged 16 or over.
- Get Active* - Gives your clients access discounts at over 3,000 health & fitness clubs across the UK, as well as at-home fitness products and online workouts - so you can enjoy some great savings on keeping fit and active. You'll also benefit from a variety of other offers to help you and your family stay healthy and happy.
- Cancer Care with Get Active* - Your clients can benefit from savings on products and services that can help make a small difference if they or someone close to them is living with cancer. Cancer Care with Get Active provides them with access to discounted products and services that can help with the daily living adjustments a cancer diagnosis and treatment can bring, as well as offers on services and experiences that may enhance quality time spent with family and close friends.
*These services are non-contractual benefits Aviva can change or withdraw at anytime.
Helping you sell
We can help you introduce Speedy Diagnostics to your clients as a low-cost product that helps them get a prompt diagnosis when something may be wrong with their health.
Target market statement
Finding the right clients
We’re here to help you
Quote and apply
Download the Healthier Solutions premium illustrator to help you demonstrate affordability and the costs before getting a more detailed quote.
Get quotes and apply online by registering with eSolutions.
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded.
Our individual PMI product designed to help your clients get prompt access to diagnostic tests and eligible private medical treatment at over 400 UK hospitals
A long-term policy that pays out if, during the policy term, your client can't work and suffers a loss of earnings due to illness or injury
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.