Solutions – health insurance for 2-249 employees
Solutions is our multi-award winning, flexible private medical insurance (PMI) product for businesses with 2-249 employees. It gives its members access to private medical treatment from a nationwide network of hospitals and clinics. This helps your clients address issues around the absence levels of employees by reducing the time it takes to get a diagnosis and treatment.
Helps keep absenteeism costs down, as employees are more likely to return to work quickly
A flexible, modular policy
A wide range of options make it easy to increase or decrease cover levels to help meet your clients’ budgets and needs
BacktoBetter is an independent clinical case management service that gives quality clinical decision-making without the need to see a GP
Why Solutions PMI?
As one of the UK’s leading providers of PMI, we’ve developed cover that helps your clients give their employees prompt access to the treatment they need, when they need it. Solutions provides health-centric benefits that are attractive to employees while helping them return to work faster after illness, saving your client money.
We understand that you want to give your clients the PMI products that are right for their needs and budgets. That's why Solutions is modular – you can work with your clients to tailor their cover to help meet their business requirements.
Here’s a rundown of the key benefits your clients can expect:
- A flexible PMI product that's been designed to help meet the needs of your business clients and their employees
- Having our PMI in place can help your clients attract and retain the best staff, enhancing the business’s profile
- Our group PMI can help to keep absenteeism costs down, as health among the workforce improves
- Solutions includes BacktoBetter, a clinical case management service for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions, which helps employees get back to work quicker
- Your client can also provide different benefit levels for up to three different categories of staff
When your clients start with our core cover, they can easily increase or reduce the cover level according to budget and needs. Employees receive the following benefits as standard:
- Hospital charges at a network facility or a hospital on your clients' chosen hospital list
- Specialists’ fees up to the limits in our specialist fee schedule
- Diagnostics tests such as MRI scans, blood tests and X-rays are covered in full
- Cancer treatment, as explained in full on our cancer pledge page
- BacktoBetter, the independent case management service for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions
- Specialist referred physiotherapy, osteopathy and chiropractic treatment for non-musculoskeletal conditions
- Psychiatric treatment on GP referral as an out-patient, up to £2,000 for each member, in each policy year
- NHS cash benefit of up to £100 each night, for a maximum of 25 nights for each member, in each policy year
- Accommodation for one parent staying with a child of 15 or under receiving eligible treatment
- Home nursing on specialist recommendation following eligible treatment as an in-patient or day-patient
- Investigations into the cause of infertility subject to the qualifying period specified within the policy wording
- Treatment for complications of pregnancy and childbirth as specified within the policy wording
- £100 for each baby born to, or adopted by, a member within a year of birth
- Limited emergency overseas cover when temporarily abroad for a period of up to 90 days in total each policy year
- Surgical procedures on the teeth performed in a hospital
- Hospice donation of up to £70 per day for up to 10 days
- Private ambulance if medically necessary
What makes our PMI different?
We’ve been voted the Health Insurance Company of the Year at the Health Insurance Awards each year since 2010. We believe it’s the flexibility of policies and our clinical expertise that makes us the provider of choice.
Flexible, affordable, and fits around your clients’ needs
Our expertise means we route conditions effectively
BacktoBetter as standard on all policies
Our cancer pledge
Stress-free insurance claims
Upgrade levels of cover and increase premiums
- Mental health treatment – for in-patient and day-patient treatment if diagnosed with an acute mental health condition such as clinical depression. Options include cover for 28 or 45 days and specialists' fees for in-patient treatment covered up to £210 each week with this option
- Routine and GP referred services – an overall benefit limit of £1,000 for each member, every policy year
- Extended hospital list – upgrade the available hospital list to include a choice of additional private hospitals, predominantly in the Greater London area
- Dental and optical cover – eligible surgical procedures are covered by core cover, but this can be upgraded to include dental treatment up to £500, accidental dental injury up to £600 and routine optical expenses up to £300. A separate excess of £50 applies to both routine dental treatment and optical benefit.
A summary of all options is included in the Solutions pre-sale brochure.
Options that reduce levels of cover and decrease premiums
- Six-week option – if the NHS can treat employees within six weeks, they can’t claim for in-patient or day-patient treatment (including accident or emergency admissions), NHS cash benefit, NHS cancer cash benefit or for the cost of an NHS amenity bed
- Policy excess – a choice of member excess of £50, £100, £150, £200, £250 or £500 can be added to the policy, which will apply once for each member, every policy year, irrespective of the number of claims each person makes
- Selected benefit reduction – removes the following benefits:
- investigations into the cause of infertility
- treatment for complications of pregnancy and childbirth
- surgical procedures performed on the teeth in a hospital
- limited emergency overseas cover
- Trust hospital list – which includes private patient units of NHS Trust and Partnership hospitals only – the company must have fewer than 100 employees covered by the scheme
- Signature hospital list –if your client’s employees are based solely in Scotland or Northern Ireland
- Reduced out-patient cover – ask for details
Differences for businesses with 100 to 249 employees
When your client employs a larger workforce, we make some changes to the policy. These are the key differences that will be seen by businesses covering 100 to 249 employees:
- The Trust hospital list isn’t available
- Payments can be made annually or by a monthly or quarterly Direct Debit through a business account
- Depending on underwriting type selected, the qualifying periods for treatment regarding complications in pregnancy and childbirth, the maternity cash benefit, and investigations into the cause of infertility may no longer apply
- Experience rated premiums, which is more closely linked to the prior claims experience on the policy
- We’ll need to know how many employees are aged over 65
BacktoBetter is included as standard on all Solutions policies because we believe it's the best way to manage musculoskeletal (MSK) claims and can help a quicker return to work for your employees.
It provides case management for employees. A clinical case manager will assess the employee's symptoms and establish the most appropriate clinical pathway that their condition requires.
Please read on for more information.
How does BacktoBetter work?
What are the benefits of BacktoBetter for employees?
What are the benefits of BacktoBetter for employers?
What if a member has already seen their GP?
We have a dedicated department looking after our private medical insurance (PMI) claims, with staff who familiarise themselves with the details of each claim they’re working on. Our in-house clinicians are on hand to give claims advisers detailed support. Employees will have experienced claims advisers looking after their claim.
BacktoBetter - making a musculoskeletal claim
Making a claim for non-musculoskeletal conditions
Added value benefits included as standard
Using our clinical expertise, we’ve created products that can help make a tangible difference to a company’s bottom line. By offering Solutions to its employees – promoting services that improve health and facilitate recovery – a business may see a reduction in the costs of absenteeism over time.
While this clearly benefits your client’s business, we think it’s also important to give employees direct access to services that can make a positive difference to their lives. These points can help you demonstrate the value of putting Aviva’s Solutions product into place:
- 24-hour Stress Counselling helpline – available to members aged 16 and over
- Up to 25% off membership at a range of UK gyms and health clubs. Terms and conditions apply*
- MyAviva – our online platform will help employees manage their Aviva policies in one secure, easy-to-use place at a time that suits them
- *These services are non-contractual benefits that can be withdrawn by Aviva at any time.
Helping you sell Solutions
There’s no limit to the number of business clients you can approach about Solutions. We’re here to help you, whether you’re talking to a company that wants to cover all of its employees, or concentrating on a policy for just a few members of staff.
The costs incurred if staff have to wait for treatment on the NHS could be significant, so most businesses will be open to talking about ways they could save money. These ideas could help you identify prospective clients, overcome objections, and help you make an attractive Solutions recommendation that's suitable for the business’s specific needs
Target Market Statement
Finding the right clients
Group PMI makes sense
We’re here to help you
Quote and apply
Our Aviva Sales Consultants are on hand to guide you through the process.
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded.
Our award-winning individual PMI product designed to help your clients get prompt access to diagnostic tests and eligible private medical treatment at over 400 UK hospitals.
Helps your clients beat the NHS waiting lists for eligible diagnostic tests – it's a product that’s significantly cheaper than traditional PMI because it doesn’t pay for any treatment.
Created to help you take control of SME clients’ membership administration – it offers a host of great benefits with new ones being added over time.
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.