Boosting morale and productivity
Optimum is our award-winning group PMI product. With your help, your clients can tailor their cover to provide a unique set of benefits suited to their business needs, while helping their staff get access to prompt, private medical treatment.
A modular product that lets your clients choose cover that creates a healthy balance between meeting their business needs and their budget
Great benefits as standard
Extensive cancer cover is standard on every policy, as is access to both our wellbeing tool and Aviva Digital GP
Dedicated account management for you and your client
Optimum is our bespoke private medical insurance (PMI) product for businesses with 250 employees or more. This is a highly flexible PMI product. It’s up to your clients what’s included and what isn’t.
- Different levels of cover for different categories of staff if required
- Added value benefits that could help improve the health and wellbeing of the workforce
- Access to medical treatment that could help employees return to work faster
- A choice of cover levels for cancer
Larger businesses want PMI that can help them raise morale and productivity, show a commitment to employees by promoting a caring attitude, and reduce absenteeism. Optimum can help your client achieve all these goals.
If they're considering a switch to us, we can work with them to match their current level of cover.
Facts and figures
A choice of additional services
We encourage clients with 250 employees or more to consider services designed to reduce the cost of absenteeism whilst helping boost the morale, working relationships, and productivity of their workforce.
BacktoBetter – support for employees when they need it most
Provided as standard with Optimum, BacktoBetter is an independent clinical case management service that uses evidence-based medical guidelines to help manage musculoskeletal symptoms.
Through the BacktoBetter service employees can have their own personal treatment plans without the need to see a GP, no matter how large or small the problem.
Quick intervention could help many employees return to work faster – BacktoBetter gives access to the most clinically-appropriate treatments before the condition deteriorates.
Wide range of underwriting options
A claims process that helps employees and employers
Healthpoint: efficient scheme management
What makes our PMI different?
For the tenth year running, we’ve been voted Health Insurance Company of the Year at the Health Insurance Awards. We believe it’s the flexibility of policies and our clinical expertise that makes us the provider of choice.
And, it’s a competitive market – your clients need to know they’re getting the right Group PMI policy for their business. We take the time to understand their needs and work with them to build a policy that meets their objectives.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of PMI, we draw on extensive clinical expertise to create policies that can help your clients reduce the costs associated with sickness in the workplace and promote wellbeing among their workforce.
Why choose Aviva’s Optimum policy?
- We excel in delivering Private Medical Insurance products – at the Health Insurance Awards, we’ve been awarded the title ‘Health Insurance Company of the Year’ in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 , 2017, 2018 and 2019
- We’ll match your clients’ existing cover – if your clients want to transfer from another provider, we’ll match their current benefits
- We offer dedicated account management – to every adviser who’d like to offer our Optimum product to his or her clients – our National Accounts team can come to you if that’s more convenient
- Our claims process promotes prompt returns to health and the workplace – with dedicated teams for specific medical conditions and in-house clinicians we offer one-on-one support and treat each claim on a case-by-case basis
- Our Cancer Pledge sets the standard for providers – Optimum is a completely bespoke policy so, your clients can tailor their cancer benefits to their exact needs
- We help take the stress out of making a claim – we focus on what’s important – helping employees make a recovery, rather than dealing with paperwork
- We stay abreast of industry issues and continually evolve our products – helping employers use benefits to promote health and improve productivity and profitability
When it comes to making a claim, our focus is very much on the individual employee concerned. We’re here to help them return to health and get back to work as quickly as possible.
To do this, we’ve created a smooth, stress-free claims process:
- Employees have case-by-case support for complex and lengthy claims
- We use our experience and clinical insights to individually guide them to the right treatment
- Most of our claim outcomes are decided over the phone, without any need for the employee to complete any paperwork
- Associated stress levels are reduced for employees
- Group administrators can monitor claim levels online
Our approach to claims
Specialist expertise and support
BacktoBetter – making a musculoskeletal claim
Making a claim for non-musculoskeletal conditions
Systems that support administrators’ needs
We want to help your client's employees lead healthier lives and promote a feeling of appreciation towards the employer. That’s why we offer a number of added value benefits with our Optimum policies:
- Discounts for all employees on home, motor and travel insurance - terms and conditions apply and can be found here
- Up to 25% off membership at a range of UK gyms and health clubs – terms and conditions apply and can be found here*
- Access to a 24 hour stress counselling helpline – providing telephone access to counsellors who employees can talk to, in confidence, for as long as they want
* These services are non-contractual benefits that can be withdrawn by Aviva at any time.
Helping you sell
Here you’ll find ideas that can help you identify clients, overcome objections, and make it easier to recommend Optimum.
Target Market Statement
Finding the right clients
Answering clients’ technical questions
If you’re approaching a large company
Which documents should you use?
Our documents help clients understand what policies are designed to do. They can also help you introduce the benefits of each product to your clients.
Optimum literature is a useful guide for you when you’re talking through the options available to your clients. It’s important that you get to know these documents well, as they can help you propose options that will make up a bespoke policy and conduct a compliant sale.
These documents explain how the product works
Optimum Brochure (PDF 976KB) – employer-facing pre-sale brochure
BacktoBetter brochure (PDF 2920KB) – post sale employer information
Optimum policies include the Extended hospital list as standard. Use our online Hospital List Checker to show clients some of the private facilities their employees could access with an Optimum policy.
Tools and resources
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.