We’re making changes to our Marine Cargo product
To make it easier for you to place and manage more business with us online, we've made some enhancements to our five star Marine proposition1. Specifically for our digital solution traded through Fast Trade and Acturis eTrade, we've widened the appetite of our Cargo product to include cover for the storage of goods and worldwide protection for the transit of goods.
The below changes will take effect on Fast Trade & Acturis eTrade from 11 December 2022 for new business. Renewals will be impacted from 22 January 2023.
New covers provided as standard
- Container Demurrage Charges - cover for any late penalty and / or demurrage charge for holding any container, trailer or rail car past the original agreed date at our direction. Maximum £10,000 for any one incident.
- Consequential Loss - cover for loss or damage and delay due to loss or damage up to £50,000 (£25,000 for any one loss).
- Customs Damage - cover for loss of or damage to goods directly caused by legal actions of customs inspectors or other authorised government agencies during an inspection.
- Professional Fees – cover for additional fees of professional consultants, necessary for the repair, reinstatement or replacement of the Subject Matter Insured up to £25,000.
- SOLAS Container Weight Verification – cover for any extra charges reasonably incurred in unloading, storing and / or forwarding the Subject Matter Insured due to the weight of a packed export container not being verified.
- Fitness of Container – cover for inadvertent failure to establish the fitness of a container for the safe transit of the Subject Matter Insured where the container is supplied by a third party.
New optional covers
- Goods can now be covered whilst in a warehouse or other storage facility for up to 10 locations, with a maximum sum insured of £2.5m across all locations, using our Storage section.
- Worldwide cover is now available for the transit of goods.
Enhanced cover limits
- Additional Discharge Expenses increased to £100,000.
- Airfreight Replacement increased to £100,000.
- Non Delivery – we'll now pay claims after 30 days, rather than 60 days.
- Returned Goods – cover is increased to 60 days.
- Returned Goods (Sale or Return, Warranty replacement, Repair or Refurbishment) - increased to 60 days. Maximum limit of 10% of the total sum insured for any one loss. Subject to an excess of £500 for any one loss.
What else has changed?
- We've aligned our policy wordings between online and offline. So, no matter how you choose to trade with Aviva - whether online or through your regional branch – you can access the same policy wording.
- We’ve simplified the quote journey by offering one Marine Cargo product designed for one-off trips or an annual policy.
- Your clients will now have access to our Fast Track claims service for claims up to £5,000.
- We’re no longer offering cover for single trip – Household Goods & Personal Effects or Motor Vehicles. These products will no longer be available to new or existing customers.
Log in to Fast Trade or head to Acturis eTrade, to discover how our enhanced Marine Cargo solution can help to better protect your clients.
If you’ve any questions, please speak to your Aviva Business Development Manager.
Find out more about our Specialty Lines proposition
1 Aviva awarded five stars in the Insurance Business UK 5-Star Marine report: https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/uk/best-insurance/5star-marine-2022-428602.aspx#winnersListSection.