Private Car is our main car insurance product - it’s a mass-market policy with a range of features and benefits.
Approved repairer network
Includes accident recovery to one of our approved repairers and a lifetime guarantee on repairs for as long as the vehicle is insured with us*
Uninsured-driver promise, loaned vehicle cover, and replacement locks are all provided as standard
Different ways to trade
You can trade through Fast Trade or via your software house
Why Private Car?
Private car covers standard and non-standard risks. Benefits include:
- Approved repairer network - we’ll book the car into an approved repairer, provide a courtesy car for the duration of the repair and give your client a lifetime guarantee on repairs for as long as the vehicle is insured with us*
- Uninsured driver promise - if an accident proves to be the fault of an uninsured driver, we’ll refund any excess and your client’s no-claim discount won’t be affected - this is subject to us being provided with the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Loaned vehicle cover - we’ll cover any motor vehicle loaned to your client by a garage, motor engineer or vehicle repairer for up to seven days, while their own vehicle is being serviced, repaired or having an MOT test
- Breakdown cover - cover throughout the EU is standard
- Replacement locks - with Comprehensive cover, if the ignition keys are lost or stolen, we'll pay for the replacement of the affected locks, lock transmitter and interface. If the claim is just for this, your client's no claim discount won't be affected.
We recognise the impact a claim can have on your clients and aim to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.
You can find out more about our claims process by visiting our Claims Service page.
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
To assist with your submission to the CMA, below are our 2021 average no claim discounts:
|Number of years No Claim Discount||Average NCD discount in 2021|
|5 years or more||30%|
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.
* Parts are only covered in line with the manufacturer guarantee. Wear and tear is not covered and vehicle must be kept roadworthy.