Distinct Motor provides high quality cover and service to you and your clients.
New car replacement
If your client’s car is less than 36 months old
Courtesy car options
If your client needs a courtesy car, they’ll have the choice of a Mercedes C class, or we can provide a replacement hire car similar to their own car to an overall maximum cost of £5,000
Fantastic benefits as standard
Motor legal protection, RAC Breakdown cover, no-blame and uninsured driver promises, and your client’s choice of repairer
Why Distinct Motor?
Distinct policies are designed for clients who're looking for something more from their insurance. They include a number of special features as standard plus access to the highest levels of service.
Some benefits of Distinct Motor:
- If within 36 months of being bought from new, your client’s car is stolen and not recovered, or is declared a total loss following an insured incident, we’ll replace it with a new car of the same make and specification, subject to UK availability
- Your clients won’t just get a small hatchback if they need to use the courtesy car option. Instead they’ll have a Mercedes C Class, or we can provide a hire car similar to their own car for the duration of the repair, subject to an overall maximum cost of £5,000 including VAT. Alternatively, should your client not take one of these options, we will pay an amount equivalent to their excess as shown on their schedule up to a maximum of £1,000
- Motor legal protection cover. If your client’s in a road accident that’s not their fault, they’ll get legal help to recover costs such as policy excess, hire of alternative vehicle, and replacing damaged clothing or other possessions
- RAC Breakdown cover with a guaranteed hire car for the onward travel option and increased repatriation limits when travelling abroad
Special benefits included as standard
As you’d expect from Distinct, this policy comes with some very special benefits as standard:
- We aim to settle all total loss claims within 14 days, but your clients can use the courtesy car for 21 days. That’s even after the claim has been settled, giving them more time to find a new vehicle
- Uninsured driver promise – if an accident is proven to be the fault of an uninsured driver, we’ll refund any excess paid and your client’s no claim discount won’t be affected
- No-blame discount – if your client’s car is lost, stolen or damaged through no fault of their own, their no claim discount won’t be affected
- Your client will have a choice of repairer and settlement method
We go to great lengths to make sure we get it right when things go wrong for your clients. Here’s how we do it for Distinct Motor claims:
- You’ll be speaking to a team dedicated to Aviva Private Client claims
- Ours is a non-prescriptive service - it’s up to your client how they want to settle the claim
- We can organise a courtesy car within 24 hours
- Your client can choose their own repairer if they want to
- We aim to settle total loss claims within 14 days
How to claim
For claims, breakdown or windscreen assistance call 0800 051 1750. We’re available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
For claims, breakdown or windscreen assistance from abroad call +44 1603 208 901
You can find out more about our claims process by visiting Our Claims Service page.
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
To assist with your submission to the CMA, below are our 2020 average no claims discounts:
|Number of years No Claim Discount||Average NCD discount in 2020|
|5 years or more||35%|
To get a Distinct quote, please call your dedicated
They’re available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and monitored.
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.