Our Investment Portfolio lets your clients invest in a wide range of collective investments, structured products, and equities from all key investment sectors. In fact, there are thousands of funds to choose from.
Wide investment range
Thousands of funds, a range of exchange-traded assets and structured products
Flexibility for your clients on payments in and withdrawals
Cash account for paying charges and where we pay dividends or income ready to be re-invested
Why Investment Portfolio?
The Investment Portfolio offers an extensive range of investments to help you match your clients’ investment goals and attitudes to risk.
• Clients can make initial payments by cheque or electronic transfer
• Clients can make regular payments by direct debit monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly
• This flexibility lets you and your clients plan when to make investments into their Investment Portfolio
• The Investment Portfolio includes a cash account, where we pay dividends or income ready to be re-invested. The cash account should not be seen as a long-term investment
• We'll take the pre-arranged adviser charges, Aviva charges and stockbrocking charges from the cash account
• The cash account is held with one or more external account providers of our choice. The interest rate is variable and can be negative. View current cash account providers and information
Clients can instruct you to:
• withdraw money from their Investment Portfolio whenever they like
• make a one-off withdrawal
• set up monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly withdrawals
The Investment Portfolio offers you a wide range of investment options for your clients. Choose from:
• thousands of funds
• a range of exchange-traded assets including equities, ETFs, investment trusts, gilts and bonds
• structured products
• a range of managed portfolios from a large range of Discretionary Investment Managers
The value of investments can go down as well as up and investors may get back less than they put in.
Facts and figures
The Aviva Platform charge depends on the value of your client’s Investment Portfolio. We refer to this as the Aviva Charge.
We include any investments your client holds in the ISA or Pension Portfolios when we calculate the charge for the Investment Portfolio. Because of this, your client may receive a discount on the charges for their Investment Portfolio.
For more information on the Aviva platform charges and examples of how the charging works, please see the Aviva Platform due diligence toolkit.
£0 to £400,000
£400,000.01 and above
OCF/TER fund manager charges
Most investment fund managers make an initial charge for investing in their funds.
Fund managers will also take charges that depend on the investments chosen. These charges will be expressed as the ongoing charge figure (OCF) or total expense ratio (TER). These cover the charge made by the fund manager for managing the investment as well as expenses incurred by the fund. Please note the OCF and TER are variable and may change over time.
Structured product charges
Companies providing structured products may take a charge. This will vary from product to product. You can usually find details of the charge in the provider’s literature.
In addition to the annual management charge, structured products also include a charge built into the product, which isn’t usually explicitly shown.
We clearly define the returns and quote them net of all fees and charges.
Equity dealing charges
We’ve appointed Winterflood Business Services as our nominated stockbroker to carry out equity dealing on behalf of your clients when they invest through the Investment Portfolio. The equity trading costs table shows the charges for equity dealing.
Equity trading costs
Per individual trade
|Per trade within a model portfolio|| |
UK exchange-traded investments
electronic transfers out (only)
UK exchange-traded investments
|Investment Portfolio limits||Minimum||Maximum|
Initial contribution or transfer
|Initial contribution or transfer (corporate/trustee business ONLY)||£50,000||-|
|Regular contributions||£50 a month||-|
|Regular contributions (corporate/trustee business ONLY)||£500 a month||-|
|Additional lump sum||£1,000||-|
|Fund switch amount||-||-|
|Transfer between portfolios||£1,000||-|
|Account balance||£250||There is no maximum. However, the remaining balance in the Investment Portfolio after any withdrawal must be at least £250|
|Balance for each fund||£50||-|
Who may the Investment Portfolio be suitable for?
- Clients who can invest £50 a month or a lump sum of at least £1,000
- Clients who have maximised their ISA allowance
- Clients who can make regular payments on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annual basis by direct debit. The flexibility enables you and your client to plan investments into their Investment Portfolio during each tax year
- Clients who want to transfer investments held with other providers into one place for easier and more efficient management
- Clients who are comfortable that their investment may rise and fall in value over time
- Clients who understand there is a risk that they may get back less than they invested
Adviser charge options
We offer a range of adviser charge options which allow your client to pay for advice from within their investment.
There are two types of advice charge for the Investment Portfolio:
- initial advice charge
- ongoing advice charge
Initial advice charge – regular payments
Initial advice charge – single or transfer payments
Ongoing advice charge – regular, single or transfer payments
Spread - specify either a number of months or an end date
Spread - specify either a number of months or an end date
Monthly, quarterly, half yearly or annually
£ or % of payments
£ or % of fund value
• You can't set the payment start date for the initial advice charge for a future date
• There is no minimum or maximum initial advice charge, but you can't input an amount greater than the amount of the regular payment.
• We will take the initial advice charge before we invest your client's money in the Investment Portfolio
• The frequency of the initial advice charge payment must match the frequency of your client's regular payments
• There is no minimum or maximum payment term, but you can't enter a time period greater than the expected portfolio term
• This charging option is only available as a monetary amount and not as a percentage - and only where your client is making regular payments.
• Each single or transfer payment operates in its own right. This means it is possible to receive advice payments on a number of different transfers
• The payment type for percentage or sterling can vary by each single or transfer charge
• We will take the initial advice charge before we invest your client's money in the Investment Portfolio.
• There is no minimum or maximum initial advice charge, but you can't enter an amount greater than the single or transfer payment.
• Unlike the initial advice charge, you can choose to start the ongoing advice charge at a future date - it doesn't have to start immediately
• The ongoing advice charge will be taken from the actual fund
• The ongoing advice charge payment can't be greater than the portfolio value
• You can increase, decrease, stop or start the ongoing advice charge at any time, but we will need confirmation from your client
• The ongoing advice charge payment is limited to the term of the portfolio.
Get more from the Aviva Platform
We’ve designed the Aviva Platform to be easy and straightforward to use. And we’ve got a range of support in place to help you get the most out of it:
- Regionally based wealth development managers providing face to face and telephone support to help you use the platform for your day-to-day business. Our team consists of experienced, industry qualified consultants who have attained the high standard set by Aviva for account management (0800 092 9365, Mon-Fri 8:30-17:30)
- You can call dedicated platform service and support teams on 0800 056 4607 - lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Download our guide to everything you need to know about due diligence and the platform
- Step-by-step 'how to' guides to help you use and work with the platform
- Online product literature and sales support from our product literature library
- Demos to help you navigate, manage and transact business on our platform
Adopting the Aviva Platform for your business
Our platform adoption and development team can help set up the Aviva Platform for you and turn it into an essential part of your business. We offer:
- a demonstration of how to use the platform functionality
- user guides so you can go at your own pace
- access to reference material
- an online document library with information about all our products
- an investment centre with information on all our funds, including fund group profiles, performance data, portfolio functionality and income analysis
Get a free demonstration
Contact us to arrange an appointment with one of our consultants:
Key documents and resources
On the platform you’ll find a range of portfolios to cater for different tax and income requirements. So, whether your clients’ financial needs become simpler or more complicated over time, the Aviva Platform lets you adapt their investments to help fit their needs.
Pension Portfolio is a self-invested personal pension, offering access to thousands of funds, equities, investment trusts, exchange-traded funds, fixed income securities and commercial property. It offers both phased and single drawdown options for your client.
ISA Portfolio, available on the Aviva Platform, is a flexible ISA and lets your clients invest tax-efficiently in a wide range of collective investments and equities from all key investment sectors. In fact there are thousands of funds to choose from.
Pension Portfolio on the Aviva Platform offers flexi-access drawdown on a single or phased basis and gives your clients complete flexibility with their pension fund in retirement.
Haven't found what you're looking for?
See our contact us page for a full directory.