We consider more property types than many other providers
We’ve now changed our lending criteria to include some properties with an element of personal commercial use. We’ll also consider a greater range of property types, from historic to modern methods of construction, and a diverse range of flats, including studio and basement.
We'll now consider lifetime mortgages on:
- Houses with a home-based business
- Houses with land and buildings in personal agricultural or equestrian use, including estates and country houses with some personal commercial use
- Homes where one or two rooms are used for bed & breakfast (including Airbnb), or where a self-contained part is used for holiday lettings or let out to a tenant
- Thatched properties, listed buildings including grade I and II* and many properties constructed using historic building techniques
- Modern methods of construction including Eco homes
- Studio or basement flats and ex-local authority properties
Technical guides and sales aids
A guide to the main types of properties and clients that may be suitable for an Avivia lifetime mortgage.
More property types
A brief guide highlighting the wide range of different property types that we're now able to lend on.
Redemption without an early repayment charge (ERC) for clients who've applied to transfer a mortgage to a property that Aviva won't lend on.
Lifestyle Flexible Option
After receiving an initial lump sum, your clients can withdraw money from a cash reserve, as and when they need it.
Lifestyle Lump Sum Max
Your client can borrow a one-off tax-free cash sum of £15,000 or more to use in whichever way they choose.
Lifetime Care Plans
Our plans can help to fund care fees for clients who are currently receiving care or about to receive care.
We offer a Pension Annuity and an Immediate Life Annuity – making Aviva’s annuities a range to consider for your clients.