Our partnership with Macmillan
We know that a cancer diagnosis can be life-changing in many ways, including financially. As a result of a diagnosis, more than a third of people with cancer (39%) are severely financially impacted (Macmillan/Truth Survey, Q1 2020).
Our partnership with Macmillan is here to support both you and your clients impacted by cancer.
How working with Macmillan could help us provide a quicker claims process
Did you know that, by working with Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialists, we can help to speed up individual protection claim payments for some critical illness customers who have a cancer diagnosis?
Here’s what happens when a client with a Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist submits a critical illness claim:
The claims process
- The claims handler contacts the Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist
- In many cases, they can verify the diagnosis quickly without having to wait for medical reports
- If no medical report is needed, the claim is then processed, reducing waits from up to 60 days down to just 24 hours in some cases.
A faster claims process is just the beginning of this great partnership.
Training and support
We’ll provide training to help you understand the financial impact of a cancer diagnosis, making it easier to educate your clients about the need for protection.
We’ll tell you about Macmillan’s extensive range of support services and how you can signpost them to your clients.
And you’ll have access to learning events hosted by Macmillan.
Macmillan resources to support your clients
Macmillan provide so much information and support for people impacted by cancer. You can tell your clients about the huge range of services available to them:
- Physical support: understanding treatment options, dealing with side effects, eating healthily and keeping active
- Emotional support: a wealth of online, phone, email and face to face support for anyone impacted by cancer, at diagnosis and beyond
- Financial support: help with everything from welfare advice and grants to specialist advice
- Practical help: help with the day to day things that can be hard during cancer treatment
- Help with work: support to cope with impact a cancer diagnosis may have on work
- Online community: groups, blogs, ‘Ask an Expert’. 24-hour support in a safe environment
- Macmillan Nurses: what they do and how they can help
- Coronavirus guidance: the latest guidance about Covid-19 for people with cancer
Please be aware that this film depicts cancer experiences which some people may find it difficult to watch
Contact Macmillan Cancer Support
For specific questions about symptoms or treatment, or to lend an understanding ear, Macmillan are just a call, email or online chat away.
Call 0808 239 9041
Lines open 7 days a week, 8am-8pm. Please note that all conversations with Macmillan Support Line advisers are confidential, but may be recorded for quality and training purposes.