For help with Aviva Platform products: Pension Portfolio, ISA Portfolio or Investment Portfolio (plan prefix AV).
You can get in touch with your usual Aviva contact, or call:
Aviva Client Services, PO Box 26957, Glasgow, G2 9DS
Letter of Authority
Registering a Letter of Authority (LOA) - A signed declaration by a policyholder giving their consent for Aviva to disclose information for the policy numbers mentioned on the LOA:
Follow the below guidelines for your Letter of Authority.
What should an LOA contain?
- It should be addressed to Aviva or state Aviva is being given authority
- It should be dated within the last 12 months
- The policy number(s) should be quoted on the LOA. Or alternatively clearly state 'please provide information on all my plans'
- Policyholder's name and address
- Your name, address and agency code
- It needs to be signed by the policyholder
The LOA should be accompanied by a covering letter on letter headed paper, or confirmation via email using a company email address
Please send your Letter of Authority to:
Post: Aviva, PO Box 520, Norwich, NR1 3WG
For Non-platform products please email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Find your product contact details
Know which product you'd like to talk about? Find contact details here:
For customer contact details, please see our customer site
Ex-Friends Life products
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded. Calls to 03 prefixed numbers are charged at national call rates (charges may vary dependent on your network provider) and are usually included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles.